Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring Has Sprung @ 15 Walnut

Last night Matt and I grabbed a spur-of-the-moment bite out at 15 Walnut and were happily surprised to find the spring menu in all its freshness and glory.

I started with the Spring Thai Soup with fresh local spring vegetables, lemongrass and ginger broth. Delish and vegan! For my entrée I tried the Spring Panzanella Salad with asparagus, pea shoots, spring onions, arugula and croutons. I opted sans prosciutto. I still haven’t decided if I liked it or not. Give me a rustic panzanella salad any day of the week, but it didn’t quite deliver to my expectations. My latest opinion is people who like peppery arugula and green goddess dressing will sing its praises. I, however, pushed it around a bit and felt a little guilty when the server cleared our plates.

Matt of course had Caesar salad and shocked the waiter when he ordered a burger instead of his go-to roasted chicken. It was cooked perfectly and rightly paired with a few Whale’s Tale Pale Ales.

The spring menu made me forget my allergies for a couple of hours and reminded me why spring is my 2nd favorite season – fresh produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment